Monday, November 8, 2010

Tales of Nate - 55 Years Later

 **originally posted in 2008**


55 years later. . . . . . .
I don't remember the mark that I picked it off of. I just know that I have it now and I can't get rid of it. But it has caused me an endless parade of trouble, sorrow and even joy since it's entered my ownership. This new world that I'm living in is already so strange to me and then this small piece of jewelry changes it even more irrevocably. Jenna, who became my friend in a world where I was very alone and perplexed. She shouldn't have. Most others wouldn't in her position. They would have avoided me at all costs. But not Jenna. And now she's dead. There's so much strangness that's happened and it's swirling in my mind, sometimes I can't believe that it's even happened. I woke up here, in Denver of all places and I'm told that I was the one who killed Jenna. But I know that's not so!! Why would I kill her? They did it. They killed her. Frank taunted me with her death while he had me captive, trying to find a way to remove the necklace from me for his own self. To no avail though. Next thing I know, I'm being tossed out of a van in front of some nightclub at the feet of some guitar player. Who just happened to be wearing a similar amber around his wrist. Michael, his name was.  In a local band, playing at some bar in San Diego! Stranger still was that I saw Jenna there that night, in the women's restroom, waving her arms at me from inside a mirror and trying to warn me of something. Next thing I know, the entire club is being sucked into some swirling black vortex, and on the spot where the club once stood, there are changelings fighting. Now I have heard the stories of the fey and the sidhe all during my mortal life. There is a family that deals with them quite a bit, but to those of us that didn't it was only half believed. I was not the only one to see this however. While the vast majority of the patrons exited and went running in various directions, there was one other who stood there, watching the spectacle with a dumbfounded look upon his face. The guitarist. At that point, we decided it was best if we both relocated and ended up at his home. This was where I found out that Michael was a werewolf. Yes, don't look like that. If I can exist as a vampire (because that's exactly what I am in case you havn't figured that out) then it stands to reason that there are other creatures that exist. The funny thing is, is that there's a family of the Rom that travel with a tribe of the werewolves. Generally speaking they avoid us Ravnos altogether and to be honest, most werewolves can't stand us to begin with. But no, he wasn't of the family and yet he had no all-consuming hatred for me. Which I appreciated because I was very lost in what was going on. We tried to part company the next morning, however, every time we would end up a certain distance from each other, we'd end up passing by each other again. We finally realized that the ambers we wore were connected to each other and that there was no way we could seperate outselves while we wore them.
 I know that according to the calendars, and everyone around me, very little time has passed since Jenna died, but I can see the years of this course stretching back. SOme of the details elude me, and yet some of them are as clear as if it had just happened. Michael and I somehow ended up in the Tibetan mountains. I remember duping some gaje into selling us a boat once we got to the Mediterranian. I believe we were in Italy. We sailed until we reached a port as close as we could get and then hiked. Along our way in the mountains, we encountered a tribe of werewolves. Michael was astounded by what he learned. He believed that he had been turned when he was bitten by a rabid dog in South America while in the military. This stunned the tribe we encountered. They also threatened to kill me for being what I am. Because Michael was traveling with me and took it upon himself to keep me from "losing control" while we were there, they allowed me to pass. As we trudged through the mountians, the weather continued to grow worse. The snow was driving, sometimes it felt as if it was driving right through us. We finally reached a strange seeming peak, that dropped off sheer. We leaned over the edge and there, in the valley was the city of Chicago. I swear on Deanna's blood, it was Chicago, located somewhere in the Tibetan mountians. There was some sort of ward up around it because there was no snow blowing across the city. It was peaceful looking down there. We managed to find a small switchback trail going down the inside of the mountain and carefully climbed down, entering the city. I do not remember how we met him, but we ended up speaking with a gentleman who also wore a piece of amber around his neck, same as mine. He had a book which explained what the ambers were and what was happening to us. My mind still reels when I think of what transpired to land Michael and myself in the predicament we were in. There could be no more than two carriers of the ambers in any one dimension. If at anytime there were more than two, one carrier must be destroyed and the amber absorbed by one of the others. The two remaining carriers would then be thrown into the next dimension where the ambers existed. I remember picking up the book to look at it, and then Michael was grabbing me and yanking me through the door. Evans was trying to slice my head off with a sword. Michael and I managed to make a stand in a department store, police cars all around us. Evans found us and, somehow, we managed to overpower him. The other 5 ambers he had became part of mine and suddenly Michael and I were no longer in the Chicago in the Tibetans. We were back in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment