**This was originally posted on my myspace blog back in 2006. I want to continue my Nate stories so I'm going to repost my myspace episodes first so I can get back into the flow of it.**
Embraced.... by Natasha Phuri Dae Ravnos
I've lived for fewer years than some but longer than most. I've seen things even a Tremere would scoff at. Yet I have no proof of my travels. No one to substantiate my story. And the two people I might have learned to love no longer exist in forms that would recognize me. I've experienced a form of heaven for my kind and witnessed them terrified of hellish creatures formed by one of their own. I've been the cause of destruction for one whom my people have waited for and felt my heart weep at the thought. I've known creatures that I never would have imagined existed. And all because I took a small amber pendant off some random person on the street. I swear that the events I've been through in the last 3 years have made me realize things about myself that I never could have foreseen. I remember waking up from a 50 year sleep, disoriented at how much the world had changed around me. When I first went to sleep, the world was still at war. My family was still being herded into concentration camps and summarily destroyed. The smells of that sicken me to this day. I normally don't dwell on it. I brush it off like a pesky fly. But for the sake of my story, have you ever smelled burning human flesh? Take that smell and multiply it by 50. Then wake up to the lingering odor every day and have more of that same smell added to the existing stale rotten stench that lingers and permeates everything around you. Now live with that for two years. Watch as children you grew up with disappear. As the uncles and aunts who helped teach you how to juggle and balance on a rope get shot in front of you for no reason. No reason other than someone believes that you're worthless because you don't live you're life the same way they do. That's the hell I lived through. As each terrible day would dawn with the false promise of hope, I would cower a little more in hopes that I would not follow down the same path as my kinfolk. As fewer and fewer of us remained, we began to avoid each other. If we stayed away we wouldn't feel so terrible about the relief that we weren't the ones chosen this time. Is it any wonder that when a way out presented itself, three of us jumped at it with everything we still had in us? We dimly realized the price we would pay, but then it seemed like so small a thing. We could escape. We could punish our captors by becoming the hunters of our jailers. And yes, I wanted that bloodthirsty freedom as much as my cousins did. Wanted to stand over our jailers corpses and grin as they stared at me with horror. So when Alienor came to us and presented her offer, we accepted. We threw stones to see who would be first, for she could not take us all at once. It came to me to be taken before the others. She claimed me in the night, causing a diversion so the guards would not see us. I remember standing before her, feeling the wind on my face, lifting my hair around my head and seeing her smooth skin reflect the moonlight and being colder to touch than any wind I'd felt. I looked up into her eyes and beheld fathomless secrets and myriads of mysteries. Deadliness without fail but pity in my plight. Her hand raised up to stroke my cheek and I started, it had been so long since I'd experienced human kindness and this struck my heart with how mocking it was but how much it tried to be what I'd missed for so long. She smoothed my hair back and drew me close to her, pulling me in her arms almost tenderly. I didn't feel warmth but more a passing of mine into hers. She leaned down and whispered to me to not be afraid. My stomach began to churn with terror at that. I felt her breath, devoid of human life, upon my neck. I knew there was no way I would change my mind. I can still feel the first agonizing sting of her incisors on my throat, and then I was no longer cold. My Body became a living flame, burning with all the adolescent passion that had built up for so long. In that moment I wanted her as I had not wanted another before. Alienor became my world for that brief time. I clutched her closer, trying to push myself further into her deadly hug. I began to see people. My mother and father, aunts, uncles, my grandmother, all dead now, swim past my eyes as I stared at that sliver of silver in the night sky. I saw my father resigned but proud, and my mother weeping. She knew I would never be able to see her again with the path I was now committed to. I felt myself grow heavy and drowsy. Ad if my body was too heavy for me to bother with anymore. I only wanted to close my eyes and not see anything else. Something warm and liquid is pressed to my lips. My tongue darts out tentatively to taste. I lick at the sharp metallic tang that slides across my mouth. I've never tasted anything so wonderful. Its life, its death, its power incarnate and it will be mine. I look up to see Alienor's eyes burning red at me through the darkness. I can feel a scream from my last shred of what was human building up as everything begins to spin around me. I can't focus. I can't even see that damn moon or her bloody eyes anymore. The only thing I know is that sweet ambrosia that I gulp greedily. Then pain, blinding pain beyond anything I could have imagined in hell or purgatory twists my body to its will. I feel that part of me that was human clawing to stay in control, there's a light there, I c an see it, if I just reach far enough, I can almost……..AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................
No comments:
Post a Comment